Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Fortnight of Dissections

     Right then! Today marks two weeks of daily reviews, which I hope that you're enjoying. I'd just like to say that if you want me to review an album, then I'm very much open to suggestions, so just drop a comment or email me at the address to your right. 
     I've recently been asked how I review albums every day. First off, I try to listen to the album at least twice. I listen to the album at the start of the day, with no distractions, and then again as a passive listen, if you like. During these listen-throughs, I determine what I like, and what I don't like. If the positives outweigh the negatives, then it's a positive review, and vice versa. I try to get a feel for the album as a whole, as well as picking out tracks that either broke through expectations or fell below them. I then sit at my computer screen and listen to the album as I write my review. Overall, I guess I must spend about three hours a day working on the review, but bear in mind that only an hour or so of this is spent writing it up.
     Thanks again if your following this blog, and look forward to more reviews in the future!