Wednesday, August 31, 2011

NEWS// Rebecca Peake: Time Bomb MP3


I think I've recently fallen for Rebecca Peake, and trust me, I'm not complaining. Hailing from the US, Peake has taken it upon herself to record a track every day, for a whole year. I've already posted one of those songs, 'Map of the Diamond', which was fantastic, but waking up to another has been even better. 'Time Bomb' dropped an hour ago over on her SoundCloud retreat, and with tags like organ and vocals, I couldn't resist having a listen. It is, unsurprisingly, a stunningly beautiful number. The vocals are haunting at the start, backed by the throbbing organ and detailed by flickering torchlight. As the song progresses however, they gain an element of quiet sadness, finally accepting their death and loosening their stubborn grasp on reality. Stream 'Time Bomb' above, 'cos I love it.