Thursday, December 1, 2011

VIDEO// I Dream in Colour: Strangest Place

Essex quartet I Dream in Colour have got their debut single 'Strangest Place' streaming all over the Internet before its official release on the 5th of this month, and I have to say I just love it. We're now pretty much in the grasp of winter's mighty fist, and this autumnal video is just what our chilly bones need. Richard Judge's lead vocals take on an almighty scope, epic, powerful and quietly heartbreaking. Reminiscing a childhood in the woods, innocent winds blow through intricate drum phrases and huge cinematic piano melodies, relayed in passion through the uniquely confident singing. It is a warm breeze that alights upon your ears, and one I'm more than eager to welcome. It renders you speechless on first listen as you savour each beautiful musical note I Dream in Colour sends your way. By your third helping however, they'll have you singing along to the wonderful lyricism and humming to the catchy melody. They manage to dispell that frosty air of winter, and for that alone they are worth your time. Anticipate the single in a few days and stream the brilliant film above!